5 steps to a powerful digital marketing strategy
Many people get digital marketing strategy and marketing tactics confused with each other even though they are very different things. You may be out there marketing but how do you know your marketing is in place, shown to the right audience or being at the optimal time without a digital marketing strategy.
When a company has a strategy in place it will reduce the time you spend on playing the guessing games and actually will spend more time getting in front of the competition. You will know that as a business you will need to be fully prepared and informed of how to adapt to the changing market. Your new tactics will help you with your future campaigns, staff are a big part of this strategy which means that their digital marketing training will need to be up to scratch, there are many employers that are willing to enrol their staff on a digital marketing course.
Planning is the most important skill that marketers are not able to ignore yet there are 50% of brands that are without a defined digital marketing strategy. Once you have decided what you want to achieve with your marketing strategy, you need to decide on how you are going to get there. Your plan should be to achieve your business and marketing objective and goals.
Here are some steps towards a powerful digital marketing strategy:
- You need to first set yourself some objectives that you want your digital marketing efforts to achieve. You may want to set some specific KPIs by identifying some figures you will be accountable for achieving. There are many different apps that can help you to track and measure your digital marketing strategy against the KPIs you have set.
- It is important to test and learn from your mistakes on a regular basis. You might want to create an analysis spreadsheet for online activities, you might want to see which keywords are creating the most volume of traffic to their website. You will be able to also see whether the organic or paid traffic is better for your business.
- You need to see who you are targeting your digital marketing strategy towards. You might wat to identify the key characteristic of your target persona such as age, sex, career etc. once you create your personas you will be able to identify the people who will be influenced by your digital marketing strategy.
- Identifying your priority within the budget means that you need to decide what your budget is, your digital channels and your team. You will need to take stock of all the resources that are available to before deciding on what else you might need for each period. Once you decide your budget you will be able to see which paid promotions you can go for. You will also be able to tell whether there are any staff members that would need to go on a marketing course within the budget.
- It is important to make sure that you make a strategy but also be flexible, you should continuously measure and monitor your performance. Being flexible means that you will be able to allocate different digital marketing strategies to ensure that your brand gets out there.
Need help with a powerful digital marketing strategy? Contact us to find out more about the marketing courses we can offer you at London TFE.