There are probably as many definitions of intelligence as there are experts who study it. Simply put, intelligence is the ability to learn about, learn from, understand, and interact with one's environment.
It has been defined in many different ways such as in terms of one's capacity for logic, abstract thought, understanding, self-awareness, communication, learning, emotional knowledge, memory, planning, and problem solving.
Intelligence is not just something you are born with; you can make yourself smarter with a little hard work!
There are some Methods it can help you to be smarter and more Intelligent:
- Keep in mind education is not what you do in school; it is an understanding of the world around you. People who are naturally curious for some reason begin to stop asking questions the moment they hit school. The truly brilliant mind however, always questions.
- Reading a lot is often described as the secret to intelligence. The smartest people in the world tend to read every single day. You may not always enjoy it, but reading will open up your mind to a variety of new ideas and experiences.
- Make connections. Find uses for information, rather than just collecting. You have to be able to access it in situations. Think of situations in which a piece of information will make sense. Then share it and watch it grow!
- Learn a new language brings you into contact with new people and ideas. You may feel less of a stranger when you visit a place and you know some of the language. In addition, at some point you will realize that there are some phrases or concepts in other languages that have no direct translation in English! This can be a challenging and fun exercise for the mind.
- Visit new places as much as you can. Try to visit other countries too. Visiting cities in your country or in a different one gives you an open mind and teaches you about the universe. You will be able to understand other cultures You will also be able to understand that there is so much to see.
- Be open-minded and willing to learn new things. Just because you are great at one thing doesn't mean you have to stick to it!
- Always ask questions. Asking questions and questioning everything around us constantly is what makes us smarter. There's nothing wrong with not knowing the whys or the how's! Everybody has something that they do not know. However, by developing a healthy habit about asking when you do not know something, you'll find yourself getting smarter and smarter.
- Devote time to education. Educating yourself takes time, and if you want to get smarter, it is going to require effort. Do not expect it to happen overnight. You need to spend a lot of time actively thinking and learning if you want to really be smart.