Why Customer Service Training Is Important To Your Business
It is important to treat all customers with the same high level of service whether they are a potential client, an existing client or a member of the public just asking for directions. The customer will pre-judge your company on the first few minutes of interaction, so you need to know all your staff are well prepared to asses each individual and their interaction with them correctly.
In order to develop and maintain effective customer service teams, it is important to adequately train and educate the workforce. But often customer service takes a back seat to the daily demands of running a business.
Here are our top reasons customer service training is essential:
- Greater Employee Engagement & Motivation - One of the most common customer service training benefits is employee motivation. Providing training in customer service gives employees a greater understanding of the impact their role has on the business. A business that invests in training shows their employees that they care about continual development and progress.
- Retains Customers – Keeping loyal customers is way less expensive than getting new ones. Research shows that it costs about six to seven times more to attract new customers than to retain existing business. Satisfied customers become devoted buyers when a business is trustworthy. Research shows there is a 60 to 70 percent likelihood that existing customers will return to make new purchases.
- Customer Service Represents Your Brand Image, Mission, And Values - Your customer service team is your connection to your customers. Thus, that team has the responsibility of representing your brand to them. Without your customer service team, you have no means of direct communication. Due to this, your customer service team is essential in relaying to customers what you want your brand image to be. They can help influence customers and convince them of your strengths over competitors.
- Training Sends A Message - When you provide your team with customer service training you not only reinforce a customer-centric focus, you also send a message that customer service and customer experience are priorities and that giving your team the skills and confidence needed to succeed in these areas is a priority as well.
- Reduces Employee Turnover – Employees want to work for businesses that appreciate worker contributions, encourage new ideas and treat customers fairly. When people work for an employer that provides excellent customer service, they are more engaged in their work and become an advocate for the business. They are more willing to stick with the company through business challenges and economic changes.
Looking to training courses in London for your customer service employees? Need to find courses in London? Find out more about what we provide on our adult courses in London to best suit your employees.